Saturday, October 3, 2009

RAINCOAT: A New Pairing of an Old Poem and An Old Dance

Well, the poem (RAINCOAT) was actually written in February 2008 when I had first conceived of the concept of the movement piece. The improvisation (Exhume) was not performed until May 2008. So it is not really a new pairing of the two, but neither have been shared with "the public" together. The poem is from A Poem A Day For a Year that I did with my friend Ben. Most of the poems have hardly been seen or read. Maybe I will exhume more of them.




RAINCOAT

I see the future
And it looks like a little red raincoat.
Semilucent rose.
Rock'n roll rose.

Strobelight pose.
Blast from the past
To illuminate the present.
Forgotten sketches of the
Skeleton within.
Exhume the grave.
Bring back Jane.

Exhume from liz roncka on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment