Monday, January 18, 2010

Ellen and I have been exploring generating sound with movement lately. Much of this clip doesn't have intentional sound because our practice involves waiting until something genuine emerges.

My particular interest is in how adding sound deepens my connection to my internal being and the insides of my body.....sensing my esophagus differently, sensing my larynx, my lungs, etc etc....deepening my ability to embody a given state (whatever that means!?!). I am also interested in how it expands my ability to express a certain feeling, emotion or state. For a long time, making sound with my voice was a scary, blocked place. It feels essential to unlock that in order to fulfill my "artistic" potential.....my "expressive" potential. It is a strange journey full of discovery, confusion and humor.


No comments:

Post a Comment