Sunday, July 19, 2015

My Blood Cooling

                                                                                                  Photo by K. Diaz


Your best art is your honesty.  It's your truth that moves me, compels me.

I learned this from the animals.  They know what they need and what they want and they are clear and direct in their pursuit.  I can sit fascinated for hours by their clarity.

It's rare to see this in humans with their busy brains.  A thousand thoughts thinking.

It's your softness that softens me.  It's your openness that opens me.  It's your trust, vulnerability and willingness to feel that makes me feel.

I'm not so interested in your artfully woven cover-ups, your carefully constructed compositions of confidentiality.  While my brain twirls around your confetti of complications with agility, my heart sits waiting, my blood cooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment