Sunday, June 7, 2009

42

Please view this dance as a duet between Charlotte and me. Charlotte is actually the lead for most of it. I especially appreciate how she stood up and made the most movement when I lowered my gaze and came to stillness. She walked away and then came back and faced the camera for her solo, then sat, rapped her tail loudly on the floor and joined me in my low position of near stillness. I write these details because I think we sometimes overlook details and create hierarchy in our senses and judgements. Here the cat instead of the human is dominant and makes extremely sound compositional choices. This supports my theory that we all have an innate sense of composition (of course, we could discuss the definition of composition.....). I'll expound on that another time.

I also appreciate the light and how it erases my features at times and turns Charlotte into a glowing alien cat. Neat-O.


2 comments: