Sunday, March 7, 2010

"creatures" rehearsal warm-up

Movers: Emily Beattie, Ellen Godena, Liz Roncka
Sound: Max Lord


Once again, this is not "creature" movement. BUt.....it is 3 out of 4 of the movers. We were doing a duet warm up score which I then jumped into to create a trio. "Trio-ing" is often quite challenging but this gave me some new ideas. It also invovled "contact" which was not what I was teaching. I do like coming at contact from this angle ....more from a perspective of momentum and movement than weightiness. Although that is essential, I question whether teaching about weight before momentum creates "heavier" dancing. ???? Oh, it is time 4 me 2 teach 2 find the answers 2 these questions. Soooon soooon.... There will b some creature-esque clips posted soon though.



No comments:

Post a Comment