Friday, April 17, 2015

It has been nearly a year since I have posted in my blog.  When inspiration comes, I take it, so here I am.

My blog is just over 6 years old.  I should not let it die now, now should I?  And how much does it take to keep it alive??   Well, here is just one puff of air.

Today I thought this, wrote this when asking myself "why":

"The process, the practice is constant. The medium keeps changing. There are fewer projects as I am absorbed in the continuum. It's everything, all of the time. To break it down into pieces and parts with names and descriptions feels like a disruption of the flow."

I originally started blogging during my "Dance-a-day" project in which I made a dance improvisation every day and posted it on my blog.  After around 113 days, I stopped.  I decided to keep the blog even after the project.  Over the years, I have made entries less and less.  However, a catalog of my work does not exist anywhere.  While this blog is absolutely incomplete, it probably offers more in one place than any other source of my "artistic" work.  I really don't like this word "artistic" and quite frankly, I don't like the word "art" anymore, but ..... fuck that, for now.

So, lots of art has been made since my last entry in April 2014.  Perhaps I will share some of that work now or perhaps we will just allow for this gap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment