Friday, August 21, 2015

Time Moves With or Without Me

This entry is off the cuff... like the old days, written on the spot and un-edited.  Or so I say as I begin writing it.....

I always push forward.  Push for new, push for now.  Maybe "push" is not the right word because it doesn't take force.... but I do often value what is new and now more than what is old or of the past.

Today I am stopping for a moment and looking back because I am reminded of how rich our past is... how much of who we are is who we were.  I remember old art, old hair-dos, old loves, old passions.  There is so much there.  And looking back actually reflects a great deal about the present and not just in a shitty way.

It's an important moment for me:  to stop renouncing the past and driving forward as if my life depended on it.  Time moves with or without me.  I can look forward, back or just out my eyeballs.  It doesn't matter.  I am, regardless.   So, I soften and remember so many marvelous joys and pains, jokes and bullshit.  It has been rich and it still is.

No comments:

Post a Comment