Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Here is Dance # 1 of the Dance-a-Day Project. Well, what is that you ask? The Dance-a-Day Project is me, Liz Roncka, creating and videotaping improvised dances on a daily basis. In 2007-2008, I did a similar project of writing a poem a day. It was a prolific and enlightening experience. The intent of this project is to deepen my practice of improvisation. The commitment to and repetition of this process will inevitably lead to the evolution of my work. I am seeking information regarding patterns and themes in my work; my personal responses to the dances; the viewers' responses; what is my technique/my method; what characteristics define my work; where are the blocks; where is the magic; where is the "truth"?!

This project began 4/19/09 and will go on every day until it does not.
Feel free to click on the YouTube link to watch a larger version of the video.
Enjoy.


Video removed by author secondary to music copyright issues.

1 comment: