Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dance#3

Here is Dance #3 created on 4/21/09. It gives more insight to the focus of this project. This is also my first improvisation with text.
The text further explains the intent/motivation for this project. I have yet to write all the reasons why I am doing this in one place. I guess it will be revealed in pieces like many things are. In this time, when there is little funding for dance, little rehearsal space available, etc etc it is easy to complain about the situation and not make much art. To me, the proactive thing to do is to find a way to make your art in the situation at hand. Make it when and where and how you can. If the art is meant to be "contemporary" then, for me, it should express the situation, the time at hand, even if , in a certain way, it is a time of poverty.
Improvise in the art and out. This project is allowing me to generate material, to have an audience, to have creative "space" all for "free".


1 comment:

  1. AWESOME! this captures the whole dilemna of capturing improvisation on video or film and considering whether it is "worthy" of public consumption or critique or the title "Art"

    ReplyDelete