Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dance #13 5/1/09

The source of my inspiration for each dance is random. It could be the light in a certain room, my mood, a piece of music, an image or it could be something "negative"....not knowing what I want to do, but knowing what I don't want to do, where I don't want to dance, etc etc. Today's video sprung from a mood, that led to a piece of music, that led to a costume......

It can be challenging to dance to music with lyrics, something almost pop....how not to be too literal or dramatic....not too music video-ish. Most times I shy away from even attempting this kind of thing but I think there is a way to transcend, a way it can work..... not that I have necessarily found it, but I am curious........


Author removed video secondary to copyright.

1 comment:

  1. This was a beautiful flowing act. Loved seeing you dance this way, standing turns. Skirt accentuated it nicely. Really wish you had more area to use. Looking forward to you using more space and letting loose completely all of your energy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete